Saturday, July 18, 2009

     This week has been a different kind of week for me. I can't quite put my finger on it. But I do know this God is good. He knows what we need before we ever need it. God has a way of placing people in our lives that hold us accountable, not always comfortable but very necessary. Alot of times we tend as human people to be offended and to stay offended. I have a question that was addressed to me one time on that very thing. Who are you that you have the right to hold an offense? Think about this, I have difficulty wrapping my head around this, but think about this A man who had never done anything against anyone but had been a friend to all. He was a friend to all that were in need, He touched people in a way that no one who came before him could do and no one who came after him could do. He turned ordinary water into wine. He opened blind eyes and deaf ears. And what was given to him in return? A beating he was beaten for our transgressions, he was spit upon beaten until his body looked like raw meat...he was made to carry this wooden cross that he would later hang on and die on...Many say he died from the wounds He received that day and many say He died from a broken heart.

     He didn't hold a grudge he forgave he didn't take offense to the men and women gambling for his clothes, He didn't take offense to the false charges, and He didn't take offense to hanging on a tree. So who am I to get offended and take offense. I have a tendency to lash out at others when i am frustrated, I have a tendency to take offense to things people say to me.

     As I sit holding all of my little offenses hanging on to them for dear life, not willing to give them up or give anyone a break because they were wrong they offended the high and mighty sharon....I am becoming not only a miserable person, but I am opening doors for the enemy to walk right into my life to create havoc. That's right I have extended the welcome mat to the enemy of God. I have welcomed him into the situation that I with his help created. 

     If you are holding on to any ole moldy offense or grudge get rid of it....you heard me get rid of it. It isn't worth it the person or persons that committed the offense have moved on already. And you are stuck licking your wounds and holding onto something that is absolutely worthless.

This is the rambling rose signing off. Until we meet again..May God watch over you and keep you in His perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment