Sunday, July 19, 2009

     What a wonderful day today. I went to church as usual this morning, I wasn't really expecting anything. But boy did I get something. I was tired after the few days in the sun that I spent at work doing a tent sale, and then Saturday spending more time in the sun at the lake (not my cup of tea). None the less I was expecting little from the service. I received I believe just what God wanted me to receive.

     After the morning service we gathered at a Spanish speaking church to have a work day a large amount of our people armed with scrapers hammers tools of all kinds, gloves Masks and hard hats yes you heard me correctly Hard Hats....we began to literally destroy this church the sheet rock was molded and the tiles were broken in the sanctuary there were pieces of paneling that bowed out. There were times I just stood back and watched as men and women alike carried pails and tubs of debree from the rooms the Spanish congregation working along side and the cool part was they didn't speak much English and we didn't speak much Spanish yet we worked as a team.
 
     The women of the church prepared food for us while we worked they cooked a Spanish dinner a huge amount of food. our church has a grill ministry where we go out and have these block parties so we had our grill and what was funny to watch we the English speaking made loads of hot dogs and chips and the Spanish church made Mexican foods for us to eat. We ate the Mexican food and the children of the Mexican church ate the hot dogs and chips.

     During the time of eating there was fellowship going on between the two congregations. It was an awesome time.. A lady and man came into the room with a guitar and began to sing the first song they did was this little light of mine..and the rest were done in Spanish. So I didn't know what the words to the songs were. I did know that they were worshiping Jesus. 

     I left that place totally spent...worn out from all the trips up and down the stairs. and completely at peace within myself for not so much being a giver as much as a receiver. This is the rambling rose signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment