Thursday, August 13, 2009

just another day...

I seem to have those days where nothing that I attempt works out. No matter how hard I try to make things fall into place. God reminded me of that today, as I tried to get things into proper order. He is the author and finisher of my faith. He is the one who put's things in order and disaray. No matter how hard we try to work things out for ourselves they never seem to work. 

I was thinking this morning how will I acomplish all of the things that I want to acomplish today? How will I be in more than one place at a time? How will I, How will I? do you see the what is forming here? I is the center of the universe and Jesus is sitting on the back burner. Instead of me being the one who is the center of my life Jesus should be first and formost. He is the one who needs to occupy the drivers seat of my life. When I make decesions and choices without His help I sure tend to make a mess of things. 

Today was one of those days where nothing seemed to work out the way I wanted it to. When I dont put the Lord in charge at the very begnning of the day, It seems that the day is sunk. But knowing this dosent make me any better at doing this. 

The Lord should hold the place of honor in my heart and life. His choices for me are far better than my own. My prayer for each of you that read this and for myself is that we may follow in the path that the shepherd leads.  This is the rambling rose signing off....

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Sharon! We all need to be reminded that we are not the ones in control, it is God, and with Him all things are possible.

    ReplyDelete