Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Basking In His Presence

Sitting here at my desk I can look outside my window. I am amazed at the awesomeness of God. Have you taken the time to slow down lately in this microwave world of ours where you have to be in high gear all the time to accomplish anything. And if you aren't accomplishing something you aren't getting anywhere. Looking out at this huge oak tree by my window I am thinking God you are mighty you created every detail on that tree and it is beautiful, You created the pile of leaves that are along my fence line, you cause the grass to grow, the rain to fall and the flowers to bloom. Often in my life I am to busy to sit and just meditate on how awesome God is.

God is reminding me how very little i sit and listen to him. This morning the house is empty which is unusual in my house. Normally I am involved in the fight of a lifetime or so it seems to my 4 year old granddaughter with hair issues, The cat slapping the dog the phones starting to ring because my husband has a business at our home. I think if only one day in this madness could be normal. But then I am reminded that I failed to start the day the Jesus way. To put him first in all that I say and do. That if I would only let the Jesus in me respond to the people that I deal with on a daily basis. If I would allow the offense to not effect me. I was reminded of a passage of scripture. Psalms 23 says " The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want He makes me to lie down in green pastures He leads me beside the still waters, He restores my soul, He leads me in paths of righteousness(right living) for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff comfort me. vs 1-4

That passage has come to have new meaning for me. I have a shepherd named Jesus who will lead me and guide me if I don't fight him and go against him. He takes care of all of my needs and each day his mercies are new every morning and He restores my soul to face another day and keep walking in him. Even when I have those valley times when I think I am not going to make it and think that God has had enough of me and left the country He is still with me, I do not have to fear. And his rod and his staff are a comfort to me. I did not understand that part of the passage until I read part of a teaching by Kay Arthur explaining about sheep and the shepherds rod and staff. God disciplines his children because He loves us. So I have to be disciplined often once a day sometimes and most day's every 5 minutes.

Take some time today to bask in the awesomeness of God's presence and allow him to take you on a journey that you have never taken. This is God's rambling rose signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment