Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Life

My life consists of endless amounts of laundry, house cleaning and dishes. I work part time in a wonderful store a job I really enjoy. My job takes me away from the endless household chores that go along with raising a family.

I have a husband and 2 grown sons that don't seem to realize that you grow up get a job and move on with your life. I have one son who lives at home with his 4 year old child. An older son who lives at home occasionally he is nearly 30 and some days i wonder how he has managed to make it through the day without help.

My granddaughter is 4 years old and in need of constant attention. I am the only other female in the house so the duties of hair combing, bath taking, and picking out clothes usually fall on me. Most of these chores are followed by endless fights. So in my mind I wonder are the fights really worth it.

I almost forgot to mention the hyperactive dog...named Face a black cock er spaniel that came to us from a breeder mill, A rescue dog. I honestly believe she is part pig. and then we have the cat. she is getting up in years but has always had an attitude, This is my house and I just let you live in it. Today is not your day to pet me so get out of my face. When she came to us my son named her princess, she refused to answer to that name so she received a new name Kit Kat. Yes just like the candy bar. Now Kit Kat is an animal that holds a grudge. It is best not to make her angry she will pay you back. She hates the dog and slaps her at every opportunity.

So Now we add in the mix of a hyper dog and a hateful cat and 2 grown sons the endless ringing of the many phones we have in this house, not to mention the constant cartoons playing on the television. We each have a cell phone so that is 4 cellphones (when the oldest is here) one land line phone and one phone for business which my husband has in his office. The yelling from room to room calling the granddaughter to get out of that, or stop doing that, or her running screaming through the house with something she is not supposed to have with the dog hot on her trail or her grandfather or father....Three ring circus you say? Always. And those of you who know me well can now understand how I am. completely and totally over the edge. Just kidding I will add that I have Jesus and He is the one one constant in my life, The one thing that never changes, He asks only one thing from me to come to him and sit with him and allow him to love me warts and all.

You might ask would you leave if given the opportunity to do something else? I have thought about that long and hard because sometimes I just want to walk out the door and never look back. But I have invested 28 years into this marriage and into this family and I really can't see myself doing anything else. I often dream of being somewhere else and being someone else. But then reality hits and I realize that I am in the place God wants me to be and doing the things He wants me to do.

So this life such as it is, Is mine and for now I must continue living it. Until the Lord calls me home. I can however pray that it happens soon. This is the Lord's rambling rose signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment