Monday, August 17, 2009

Simply Eeyore

I am sure you were wondering about the title of todays blog. But my life is sometimes the life of an Eeyore. Things are always half empty instead of half full. In the life of Eeyore you simply exist and you tend to be a bit negative.

Yesterday I taught my second sunday school class. I looked at it as if I had failed. Forgetting that I was teaching for the most part 4 year olds to 6 year olds. That have the attention span of a fly. The Eeyore in me looked at it as a mess! And I posted it so on my facebook. But the Jesus in me communicated to me later that I had done exactly as he had asked me to do. I stepped up and took the class reaching out to those children who would not have a teacher if I hadn't been willing to be obedient.

The class has taught me things already, I have read stories that I normally would not read. Preparing to teach has caused me to dig into the word a bit deeper because I know that children ask deep questions. Another thing that i am learning is how to pray. Big prayers with fancy words dont impress God at all. For me It is simple things like the prayer for a dead bunny or a dog that have been dead for some time.

Eeyore is learning not to take things so seriously. The world wont end over a first grade sunday school class. The name of Jesus was spoken in my class. The scripture was read and prayers were prayed. And yes Eeyore lives on. In my heart of hearts I may always be an Eeyore But who's to say that Eeyore might change his attitude someday. Yes I will admit I am an Eeyore but Jesus loves all the Eeyore's of the world. This is the rambling rose signing out May you have a tigger day full of bounces and new things around every corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment